So I’m using the crispy sesame meatball recipe for a topper on these nachos…. Had nachos at a friends the other night and I took my version over. Needless to say there was jealousy that there wasn’t more of the fructose-friendly version to go around! I’m big on the allergy friendly version being better as so often it is not!
- 4 carrots
- 200g spinach leaves ( a big bag)
- 4 tsp cumin ground (half for sauce, half for meat balls)
- 4 tsp of coriander seeds ground (half for sauce, half for meat balls)
- salt and pepper
- 3 C of chicken stock (I make my own buy getting a couple of chicken frames from the butcher and simmering for 2-3 hours with salt and pepper. It freezes really well in portion sized containers so you can defrost and use for a meal).
- 350g mince
- 1/3 C of rice crumbs (or GF bread crumbs, or GF flour)
- 1/3 C sesame seeds
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Ix bag of gluten free corn chips. I use the hole-sum original flavour
- sour cream
- Handful of grated Mozzerella per person.
- 1/2 Avacado
- 1/2 Red capsicum
- 4 TBsp of coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 lime and zest of
Start by making the sauce:
- For the sauce, take the ends off 4 carrots, chop roughly (leave the skins on) and boil them for 10 mins.
- In a bowl add the mince, half the cumin and half the coriander, along with the sesame seeds, rice crumbs, and a decent pinch of salt/ pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Into a hot pan (no oil at this stage) add roughly rolled meat balls, approx a big heaped tsp of mixture for each, they should be about 2-3cm round. Once you have added the last of them to the pan add a tsp of oil. If you add them as you roll them then they should be ready to toss them around. Keep tossing them every minute or so for about 4 mins. The sesame seeds will go crispy and when you add the sauce they keep their crunch!
- By this stage your carrots should be ready to strain. Add to the blender with the spinach, the rest of the cumin and coriander, the chicken stock, salt and pepper. Blend them until smooth. You may have to stop a couple of times to push the leaves down into the mixture.
- Chop the avocado and capsicum into neat 5mm cubes, add to a bowl and toss with the chopped coriander leaves,and the juice and zest of half a lime. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Assemble the nachos in a bowl and top with meat balls. Add small handful of grated mozzarella and toast under the grill for 2-3 mins. Watch closely as can burn easily. Remove, minding the hot bowl, add salsa and sour cream.